Every MBA aspirant wants to study in Indian Institute of Management because of the academic brilliance and good placements. The notable B-school of Rajasthan, IIM Udaipur conducted its campus placement for 2016-18 batch and released its unaudited Final Placement Report for the two-year PG Program in Management (PGPM). Let’s find out the placement trends in IIM Udaipur!
- 172 out of 179 students got employment through IIM Udaipur campus placement drive, and 170 were hired;
- seven students did not opt for the placement
- two students were not offered placements
- Average overall CTC was 13.16 lacs per annum
- Highest offer (international) was 53 lacs per annum
- Highest offer (domestic) was 19.5 lacs per annum
- Banking and financial sector employed the highest number (53) of students as compared to others
- 12 overseas placements in IIM Udaipur – 11 for UAE and one for Nigeria
- 14% PPO offers based on Internship performance
Analysis of Sector-wise Placements in IIM Udaipur
BFSI Sector: The money spinning sector of Banking, Insurance and Financial Services was the top hiring sector at this year IIM Udaipur placement fair. They hired over 31% of the total available resources. HDFC, Muthoot Fincorp, Yes Bank, ICICI Lombard, Xpress Money, and RBL Bank were the top BFSI recruitment firms.
IT Sector: This sector offered placement to 20% of the students with attractive CTC packages. Accenture, Infosys, Wipro, Orion Systems, Value Labs, Cognizant, and IBM were the major IT recruiters.
FMCG Sector: This ‘Fast Moving Goods’ sector employed 17% IIM Udaipur PG students of 2016-18 batch. Amul, Titan, Panasonic, Landmark, and Bluestar were the leading recruiters.
Manufacturing/Energy Sector: This sector hired 12% of the available manpower at Indian Institute of Management (IIM Udaipur). Alstom, Vedanta, L&T, Hero Motors, and Berger were the prominent companies in this sector that offered placements.
Analysis of Function-wise Placements in IIM Udaipur
S&M/Business Development: The most favoured functional department that absorbed 32% of all the IIM Udaipur students available for placement. These 55 young professionals were offered impressive CTC packages to kick-start their glorious career.
General Management: A total of 40 students were hired in the management department. This is about 23% of the available 170 candidates.
Information Technology: About 15% students got jobs in the IT functional departments. Their number was 31.
Finance: Exactly 10% hiring went to finance-related functions, which means 17 out of 170.
The management of the institute was very pleased with the placement drive. There was an air of assurance and promise of a secured future during the placement drive at IIM Udaipur.